Oral surgery, just like any other surgical procedure, has a certain recovery period. While undergoing a dental treatment, expect that you have to keep your mouth open for a long period of time. Whether you will have a dental implant surgery, a removal of impacted teeth or a corrective jaw surgery, it is best that you do some extensive research.
When you undergo a surgery in a dental practice based on Boise, the dentist will provide you some information that you must follow diligently. This is to ensure fast recovery and prevent infection.
What You Should Keep in Mind
Some of the hacks provided by dental professionals are as follows:
- Do not rinse your mouth for 24 hours after the operation. After the procedure, expect that your entire mouth will feel tender and swollen. This is the reason it is essential that you avoid using a mouth wash after the surgery. This will allow the swelling to reduce and when you do rinse, ensure you do it with lukewarm slightly saline water.
- During the operation, you may feel some discomfort after letting your mouth open for several minutes. In fact, your jaws are bound to ache. But, do not try to open or work your jaws forcibly. Try to massage your jaws with a warm, moist cloth.
- Do not massage the area of your mouth that has undergone surgery. This will aggravate the wound and may even lead to serious complications.
- Do not put your hand or any hard object inside your mouth. Wounds in your teeth and gums may take longer to heal. It should not be irritated or agitated in any manner.
- Eat only soft, high-protein and vitamin-rich food after surgery. Have no worry, for this will only be for a few days. A soft diet will not only provide your body with the required strength, but also intensify the healing process.
For quick recovery, always keep these things in mind so that you can go back to your daily routine quicker than you might imagine.