As an inhabitant of this planet, it’s important that you do your part in protecting it from pollution caused by wasting of natural resources and other materials. One of the easiest methods you can do, for instance, is to make your bathrooms more environment-friendly.
According to Expert Plumbing, Heating, Air and Electrical and other expert plumbers in the state, many homeowners are now opting for green bathrooms. They look for innovative solutions to make their bathrooms greener, while using materials that suit their budget.
What Should You Do?
Some of the most common things households do when turning their regular bathrooms to eco-friendly bathrooms are the following:
- Concrete Flooring Tiles – Install concrete tiles on the floor of your bathroom. The tiles can act as insulators, as they could prevent heat from escaping during winter. This can reduce your energy bill subsequently, helping you minimize energy use.
- Non-toxic Paints – Use nontoxic paints on your bathroom wall. This will not only prove to be beneficial for your family, but also the environment as a whole.
- Recycling Old Furniture – If you have old teakwood or water-resistant furniture in your home, you can consider installing them as cabinets in your bathroom. This will not only save you money from buying new furniture, but also minimize its demand in the market.
- Plumbing Fittings – Install toilets with a 1.28gpf capacity for single flushes. These can reduce the amount of water going down the drain and subsequently help with the conservation of water.
- Countertops and Vanity – Install countertops in your bathroom that are made of recycled materials, like recycled glass or ceramic tiles. Repurpose everything you can to save the environment.
Promote a greener bathroom for your home and make your contribution towards the efforts of saving the environment. It’s never too late to get started.